Skin Cancer Clinic
Comprehensive skin checks.
Surgical procedures including skin cancer surgery including flaps and facial surgery. Skin Checks are available at Maiden Gully Medical Practice with your choice of male or female doctors who have been trained in skin checks. Most skin cancers can be treated surgically within the practice.
• All skin checks are carried out with RACGP guidelines which is both comfortable and private.
• You will be asked to sign a consent form, detailing the process of skin check.
• Then doctor of your choice will conduct a thorough skin check with a dermatologist.
• All suspicious lesions will be discussed in detail and if needed photographs will be taken for monitoring.
• Most of the skin cancers can be surgically removed at Marong Medical Practice.
What is Skin Cancer?
Skin cancer occurs when skin cells are damaged, for example, by overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun. There are three main types of skin cancer:
• Base Cell Carcinoma.
• Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
• Melanoma – The most dangerous form of skin cancer.
Approximately, two in three Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the time they are 70, Every year, in Australia:
• Skin cancers account for around 80% of all newly diagnosed cancers.
• The majority of skin cancers are caused by exposure to the sun.
• GPs have over 1 million patient consultations per year for skin cancer.
• The incidence of skin cancers is the one of the highest in the world, two to three times the rates in Canada, the US and the UK.
For more Information